ISRS Externship Program Case Reports
ISRS members in the ISRS Externship Program worked alongside experienced surgeons for a period of two weeks to three months and produced the following case reports.
Case Reports (PDF)
- Combined Partial Topo-guided PRK and Corneal Collagen Cross-linking Case Report
Ziad M. T. Abuelem, MD (extern) and A. John Kanellopoulos, MD (host)
- How to Choose the Intraocular Lens (IOL) with Best Refractive Result
Mark Krauthammer, MD (extern) and John So-Min Chang, MD (host)
- IOL Repositioning with Capsular Tension Ring Explanation 1 Month Post Complicated Cataract Surgery
Atanas Y. Bogoev, MD (extern) and H. Burkhard Dick, MD, PhD, FEBO (host)
- Keratoconus – “No Rub, No Cone”
Yishay Weill MD (extern) and Damien Gatinel, MD (host)
- Occlusion of Aquaport Flow in a Case of Toxic Anterior Segment Syndrome Following Implantable Collamer Lens Surgery Causing Severe Pupillary Block
Michael Mimouni, MD (extern) and Jorge L. Alio, MD, PhD (host)
- Suction Loss During SMILE
Michael A. Grentzelos, MD, PhD (extern) and Vardhaman P. Kankariya, MD (host)
- Treatment for High Hyperopic Astigmatism: LASIK Can be an Option
Quentin de Bosredon, MD, FEBO (extern) and Damien Gatinel, MD, PhD (host)
Apply to be an ISRS Extern
Ophthalmologists who practice in Africa, Asia, Europe, Latin America and the Middle East can apply for the ISRS Externship Program, sponsored in part by Alcon, Johnson & Johnson Vision and Lansier.
- Join ISRS to be eligible to apply.
- Apply for the externship.
Sponsored in part by