ISRS Member Benefits
Partner with the International Society of Refractive Surgery (ISRS) – the global network committed to improve vision quality. The ISRS is your link to connect with the leading experts and to stay abreast on the latest developments in the specialty. Your ISRS membership equips you with services and tools to achieve personal and professional success at every stage of your ophthalmic career in refractive and anterior segment surgery.
Enhance Your Clinical Knowledge
- Receive a free subscription to the Journal of Refractive Surgery, the highest-rated journal in the refractive surgery subspecialty.1
- Stay informed about the latest innovations with feature stories written exclusively for ISRS members in the monthly Refractive Surgery Outlook eNews.
- Improve patient outcomes with your access to over 1,000 refractive, cataract and cornea videos on the ISRS Multimedia Library and the Academy’s ONE® Network. (More than ASCRS and ESCRS combined.)
- Master your clinical knowledge in imaging technology, diagnostic devices and various surgical platforms through the ISRS Externship Program. Eligible candidates will be matched with an externship host and receive a stipend.
Grow Your Network
- Obtain guaranteed entry to the exclusive ISRS Member Lunch at Refractive Surgery Subspecialty Day. Hear experts speak on cutting-edge subjects not listed in the official program while networking with refractive and anterior segment surgeons from around the world.
- Network with thought leaders from more than 90 countries year-round through the newly launched ISRS Listserv. Gain unparalleled access to experts in the fields of refractive, cornea, cataract and lens-based surgery from around the globe.
Gain Status and Recognition
- Earn the coveted ISRS Recognition Award by contributing to ISRS programs and publications.
- Market your practice and expand your patient base with a listing in the Find a Refractive Surgeon online directory that the public uses to find refractive surgeons.
- Be nominated for the honor of ISRS Surgeon of the Month with active participation in the ISRS Multimedia Library.
- Receive an official ISRS membership certificate, an acknowledgment of your commitment to lifelong learning in ophthalmology (for practicing ophthalmologists only).
1JRS’s impact factor was 3.709 in 2016, making it the highest ranking journal in the refractive surgery subspecialty.